definition of Adjuvant:
1. serving to help or assist; auxiliary.
2. utilizing drugs, radiation therapy, or other means of supplementary treatment following cancer surgery.
3. a person or thing that aids or assists.
4. anything that aids in removing or preventing a disease, esp. a substance added to a prescription to aid the effect of the main ingredient.
5. a substance admixed with an immunogen in order to elicit a more marked immune response.
So… According to my reckoning this (nasty chemical) though not curative in its own right, aids or assists other treatment ie the surgery, radiotherapy and my own immune responses, to remove or prevent a disease.
Fair enough. Then, to my mind, the only purpose for taking it is to help those various treatments to eradicate the disease…… Completely.
YET, here’s what I was asked to sign up to…
“Purpose of Treatment: to delay recurrence of the cancer.”
NO NO! I actually signed something that says ” this nasty treatment, with all its side effects that you are signing up to here, is not going to solve anything in the long run anyhow. It will NOT cure you, It WILL come back.”
I know that’s what the doctors believe, but I am so cross that they made me sign something endorsing their view. If that’s not a ‘curse’ in writing I dont know what is.
So I hereby declare in writing that a document signed under duress is nul and void. I will sign up to the treatment under the official dictionary definition: anything that aids in removing or preventing a disease, especially a substance added to a prescription to aid the effect of the main ingredient.
…and at this stage, having already undergone the surgery and radiotherapy, the main ingredient in my arsenal for treating this disease is my own body’s amazing, God given power of healing itself, along with love, hope and unfettered enthusiasm for life. Let any Doctor argue with that and I’ll have them up for malpractice, consent form or no consent form!
(for further ‘thoughts’ on other things doctors curse us with, see here.)